Do explainer videos work and what’s the best whiteboard animation software?
When it comes to how to make a whiteboard video for your custom purposes – whether you want to make animated videos for business or just some small animated videos – explainer video best practices recommend to use a video explainer template. Check whether or not it is included in Rawshort free. You need to decide which animated video maker software to use anyway. Before proceeding to the whiteboard animation software download you intend to use for your explainer video production I recommend you to really check various explainer video software reviews and compare because not all sketch video software is created equal. If it were, you probably wouldn’t be doing all your searches for Rawshort free and be reading this. Rawshort free is certainly a great whiteboard video software but it is up to you to check which features are important to you. Animated videos for business certainly have other requirements to the producer than a personal 3d doodle pen video.
How Whiteboard Animation Videos Are Created
Promotion is a very important activity in any business as it brings awareness to a large number of people within a short span of time. There are many ways to do this and what matters the most is the way it is performed. It is essential to do it right or the business objectives will not be met. Doing it right attracts the attention of potential customers and increases sales. 2D animated videos are effective when there is a need to grab instant attention. Live action is common and is prone to miss the attention. On the other hand, 2D animated videos are different and would easily catch the eyes when character animation is properly done. When made as a short movie, it becomes even more interesting.
What are 2D Animations?
2D Animation is about creating two-dimensional digital images using software. Its most common application is a production of cartoon episodes. Its implication is gradually reaching to marketing technologies as a creation of 2D animated videos is considered as an effective way of conveying specific message to a target audience. What makes it more popular among others is its simplicity and affordability desirable by business owners. Any business can easily and quickly represent their idea in the form of moving images using 2D animated videos.
A 2D animated video is an affordable, simple yet effective way to represent the ideas, imagination and information about a business into images and videos to offer creative solutions for effective marketing and thus, profit making.
Why Businesses Need Whiteboard Animation
Whiteboard Videos are being widely used for fulfilling different communication purposes. Research shows that Whiteboard Videos dramatically improve learning. They engage, educate and entertain- all at once. How?
Before we find that out, let us first understand how people try to grasp a complex concept when learning it for the first time and what tools best assist in making the learning process, effective.
Mental tendency when learning a Complex Concept
Most new concepts are extensions or variations of existing concepts. When learning a complex concept for the first time, we tend to create mental associations of it with the concepts that we have known since long. This tendency of co-relating existing concepts with the one being learned, helps us absorb and consolidate the new information into our memories, in a faster and better way.
Tools that best assist in explaining a Complex Concept
In a nutshell, you could serve the viewers with the closest and most appropriate visualization that could help them understand your concept faster and better.
In a way, a Whiteboard Video recreates the classroom setup. The voiceover acts as a replacement to the session-moderator and the animation part appears as a series of diagrams quickly being drawn (as though in real-time), right in front of the viewers' eyes. This simulates a 'learning environment' that engages, educates and entertains the viewers, making their video-watching experience memorable! Isn't that's what you have been looking for? An environment that makes your TG willingly learn about your concept and how it could be benefitted from.
Pull off an awesome Whiteboard Video and Educate, Engage, Inform, Inspire, Entertain or fulfill any other communication purpose of yours with a much higher chances of being heard & remembered! For, Whiteboard Videos are sure to get you recognition!
How Whiteboard Animation Videos Are Created
If you have always wanted to be a 3D artist, having an interest and passion in the career provides you with a good foundation to start from. Although any art related skill requires talent, you can improve your skills if you have a burning desire to learn. However, to make an impact in the industry, there are 7 important things every 3D artist must know. They include:
To make a good 3D artist you need to have some exceptional camera skills. To capture a really good image requires getting a shot that is out of the ordinary. Although you may get with average camera skills and supplementing with good software and editing skills, the initial shot determines the outcome of the final material. No amount of editing can replace a shot of genius. It is about getting an amazing shot that only a very good artist like can see.
While doing animation you need to learn to give movement to characters. The process of rigging allows you to give your characters the ability to move and talk. This is one skill that requires patience and once you master it, you will be able to work faster.
For any image to be seen clearly, it has to have great texture. Even if you produce great work and get the texture wrong, the work will not be appealing. You therefore have to polish and perfect your texture skills over time.
Having looked at the above it is clear that as long as you use your talent, you can produce some good quality material. These tips will improve you and make you an all-round 3D artist.
6 Whiteboard Animation Questions Answered
There is almost no such thing as an easy animation software when you're serious about the subject. Animation is an extremely complex area with an often mind-boggling array of terminology and any animation package worth its weight will almost certainly require a steep learn curve. Whatever package you choose, be it 2D or 3D, do ensure it comes with plenty of tutorials, tips and advice.
This brief line-up, in no particular order of preference, is aimed at the hobbyist, enthusiast and those new to the field. Hopefully there should be something to suit all tastes and pockets. The compilation is not exhaustive, excluding some of the more expensive heavyweights such as Maya, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max; but many of the products listed are free or moderately priced, have good reputations, and are all designed to inspire creativity.
- ANIME STUDIO PRO (2D) create cartoons, anmie and cut-out animations with ease. Add skeletons with the click of a mouse. Import photoshop files with layers intact and build characters from scratch with character wizard. Anmie Studio has excellent lip syncing capabilities, generous multi-sound formats along with full support for YouTube.
- Other popular animation programs with strong YouTube support include, GO ANIMATE (2D), XTRA-NORMAL (3D) and MUVIZU(3D). All three programs allow you to create animations without the need for expensive equipment or specialist training and Muvizu, which is free, provides high-quality sets complete with complex character animation and the facility to collaborate on productions.
- MOVIESTORM, an innovative 3D software program is aimed at amateur film makers wishing to making high quality animated movies and provides the perfect tool with which to learn about film and TV production. Other 3D software packages also popular with artists and filmmakers are DAZ STUDIO (3D) and ICLONE 5 (3D). Iclone 5 is a real-time 3D animation tool with digital actors, visual effects and Microsoft Kinect-ready motion capture whilst Daz Studio, allows you to create stunning digital artwork and animations and is currently free.
- For good lighting and camera effects try SYNFIG (2D). The ambition of Synfig developers was to create an animation software capable of producing film quality output. Synfig is an open source vector based animation program and is free.
- Now if you can, checkout the cartoon strip "Big Buck Bunny" and the film short "Elephants Dream" to see why BLENDER (3D) is a legend in the world of 3D animation software. Software to rival the big boys, available free with a huge fan-base and plenty of tutorials and support.
- For the more adventurous amongst you CRAZYTALK (2D/3D) is a photo to animation engine where you can turn photos, sketches, statues, anything into animatable characters. Media can be inserted directly into the scene and the program supports a variety of formats. Similarly Morpheus (2D/3D) animation software will transform your photos into other things such as cartoons or animals. Blend, mix and exaggerate body parts. Watch a person turn into someone - or something else.
- Remember king Kong and the empire state building? Well if you're into STOP-MOTION photography then IstopMotion (3D) for Macintosh is worth considering. With IstopMotion you can work with your Mac's built in camera or import photos to build your animations. You can even turn your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a High Definition camera...
- One free 2D animation package with drawing tools similar to Photoshop is PENCIL. Pencil allows for both vector and bitmap graphics and has proved an excellent introductory animation tool. With pencil you can create traditional hand drawn animations on most computer platforms including Mac OS.
- Another 2D substitute for the traditional light table/and paper animation is PLASTIC ANIMATION PAPER (PAP) 4 which is currently free for download. Also currently free for download (but without technical support) is CREATOON 3 (2D) which utilizes the cut-out animation process.
- Lastly a fine example of a solid 2D animation program, renowned for its depth and the quality of technical support is TOON BOOM STUDIO. An excellent application made for animators, by animators.