Do explainer videos work and what’s the best whiteboard animation software?
When it comes to how to make a whiteboard video for your custom purposes – whether you want to make animated videos for business or just some small animated videos – explainer video best practices recommend to use a video explainer template. Check whether or not it is included in Moho Pro 12 sample. You need to decide which animated video maker software to use anyway. Before proceeding to the whiteboard animation software download you intend to use for your explainer video production I recommend you to really check various explainer video software reviews and compare because not all sketch video software is created equal. If it were, you probably wouldn’t be doing all your searches for Moho Pro 12 sample and be reading this. Moho Pro 12 sample is certainly a great whiteboard video software but it is up to you to check which features are important to you. Animated videos for business certainly have other requirements to the producer than a personal 3d doodle pen video.
3D Animation Industry - What Are The Latest Trends And Technology In The Animation Industry?
So what are the latest trends and concepts that you need to keep pace with in 3D animation? One of the most exciting trends that you need to keep pace with is the concept of Phenadistoscope. This is not a very familiar term. What you need to know about this term without getting intimidated is that the term simply refers to what was simply a matter of drawings that were designed to move simultaneously.
What you also need to know is that the concept is still the same today just that new methods have been invented to reproduce the results in better ways. The methods have changed but the result is the same. You also need to know that the methods of Phenadistoscope have been obsolete since the beginning of the 21st century. These methods gave way to the new methods that have been designed to achieve the same result in radically different ways.
This is enabled by what is known as cel-shading. There are some advanced effects that you get with some of these applications and these can be used to achieve skin and facial expression effects and even 'cloth' effects. This normally goes with an effect called morph. What this means is that the images in the frames and the vertex will move to a different position. There are many techniques that are emerging and if you are keen to get hands-on with the developments you will do well to run researches and find out what is happening in the flourishing 3D animation industry.
Benefits of 2D 3D Animation
Gone are those days when early cartoonists and animators tried to make motion pictures with hand-drawn sketches and graphics. The great Walt Disney used to hand-draw most of his early works. His work is a pinnacle and an inspiration for modern animators and graphic designers all over the world.
Contemporary animated movies are a zenith in the modern day film industry. Such a top-notch display of graphics, animation and CGI has never been experienced by viewers before.
Technological developments in the field of IT and Design, have enabled a plethora of possibilities for modern-day animators. It has become much easier for graphic and animation artists to be ambitious in their endeavors because the technology of our time is supremely permissive, with new and radical advancements happening every day.
Animation has come a long and arduous way from its early days, with modern day animated creations being so thoroughly realistic, you could reach out and touch them.
The advent of computers and cutting-edge computer applications, over the years, have been revolutionary and they should be credited for the success of the current animation industry.
This technology, largely unavailable, a decade or so ago, would have rendered the film useless and most likely shelved. The untimely death of the lead actor would have caused all filming to be canceled. In extreme cases, where millions would have been spent and canceling would not be an option, the studio would likely spend millions more in re-shooting with a new cast, in the hope of salvaging the movie.
The day is not far when movie-making will be a much cheaper proposition, as it will get much easier to replace actors with their digital likeness. Imagine being able to digitally resurrect an actor, who's been long dead or not available for a particular shoot, due to a scheduling conflict.
Animation sciences will continue to evolve and grow in a magnitude that may surpass the current scenario. Human ingenuity is limitless. As long as we have dreamers, there will be a constant flow of advanced technologies, taking animation to a new high.
Why Whiteboard Video Is The Perfect Tool For Explaining A Complex Concept
There is almost no such thing as an easy animation software when you're serious about the subject. Animation is an extremely complex area with an often mind-boggling array of terminology and any animation package worth its weight will almost certainly require a steep learn curve. Whatever package you choose, be it 2D or 3D, do ensure it comes with plenty of tutorials, tips and advice.
This brief line-up, in no particular order of preference, is aimed at the hobbyist, enthusiast and those new to the field. Hopefully there should be something to suit all tastes and pockets. The compilation is not exhaustive, excluding some of the more expensive heavyweights such as Maya, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max; but many of the products listed are free or moderately priced, have good reputations, and are all designed to inspire creativity.
- ANIME STUDIO PRO (2D) create cartoons, anmie and cut-out animations with ease. Add skeletons with the click of a mouse. Import photoshop files with layers intact and build characters from scratch with character wizard. Anmie Studio has excellent lip syncing capabilities, generous multi-sound formats along with full support for YouTube.
- Other popular animation programs with strong YouTube support include, GO ANIMATE (2D), XTRA-NORMAL (3D) and MUVIZU(3D). All three programs allow you to create animations without the need for expensive equipment or specialist training and Muvizu, which is free, provides high-quality sets complete with complex character animation and the facility to collaborate on productions.
- MOVIESTORM, an innovative 3D software program is aimed at amateur film makers wishing to making high quality animated movies and provides the perfect tool with which to learn about film and TV production. Other 3D software packages also popular with artists and filmmakers are DAZ STUDIO (3D) and ICLONE 5 (3D). Iclone 5 is a real-time 3D animation tool with digital actors, visual effects and Microsoft Kinect-ready motion capture whilst Daz Studio, allows you to create stunning digital artwork and animations and is currently free.
- For good lighting and camera effects try SYNFIG (2D). The ambition of Synfig developers was to create an animation software capable of producing film quality output. Synfig is an open source vector based animation program and is free.
- Now if you can, checkout the cartoon strip "Big Buck Bunny" and the film short "Elephants Dream" to see why BLENDER (3D) is a legend in the world of 3D animation software. Software to rival the big boys, available free with a huge fan-base and plenty of tutorials and support.
- For the more adventurous amongst you CRAZYTALK (2D/3D) is a photo to animation engine where you can turn photos, sketches, statues, anything into animatable characters. Media can be inserted directly into the scene and the program supports a variety of formats. Similarly Morpheus (2D/3D) animation software will transform your photos into other things such as cartoons or animals. Blend, mix and exaggerate body parts. Watch a person turn into someone - or something else.
- Remember king Kong and the empire state building? Well if you're into STOP-MOTION photography then IstopMotion (3D) for Macintosh is worth considering. With IstopMotion you can work with your Mac's built in camera or import photos to build your animations. You can even turn your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a High Definition camera...
- One free 2D animation package with drawing tools similar to Photoshop is PENCIL. Pencil allows for both vector and bitmap graphics and has proved an excellent introductory animation tool. With pencil you can create traditional hand drawn animations on most computer platforms including Mac OS.
- Another 2D substitute for the traditional light table/and paper animation is PLASTIC ANIMATION PAPER (PAP) 4 which is currently free for download. Also currently free for download (but without technical support) is CREATOON 3 (2D) which utilizes the cut-out animation process.
- Lastly a fine example of a solid 2D animation program, renowned for its depth and the quality of technical support is TOON BOOM STUDIO. An excellent application made for animators, by animators.
Animation: A Long Journey
It is a proven fact that most people learn more effectively visually and even more effectively when the teaching is presented in multiple media such as text, audio and video.
Whiteboard animation (also variously called 'sketch video', 'video scribing', 'doodle video', 'sketch cartoon videos' and 'fast hand drawing') is a particularly effective visual medium because there is something happening on screen all the time. It is even more effective when the images used have been chosen to reinforce the message of the narrative.
Although whiteboard animation has been around for decades, it was probably first brought to the attention of the public in a big way with the series of UPS TV ads.
Back then, whiteboard animation was done the hard way, with actual artists creating the imagery on camera followed by clever editing to achieve the final result.
A particularly inventive, unusual or engaging video that people enjoy watching will be shared across the various social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and many more. Countless videos have attracted millions of views in a few days in this way.
Few people want to pass around a bog-standard corporate ad but a witty and cool 'cartoon' style video? That's different.
The average person in developed countries is presented with hundreds, if not thousands, of ads in one form or another every day. Businesses have to constantly find new ways to present their marketing messages if they are to be noticed. They have to be different and entertaining. Whiteboard animation now provides an affordable way to do both.