Do explainer videos work and what’s the best whiteboard animation software?
When it comes to how to make a whiteboard video for your custom purposes – whether you want to make animated videos for business or just some small animated videos – explainer video best practices recommend to use a video explainer template. Check whether or not it is included in Moviesoup basic tutorial. You need to decide which animated video maker software to use anyway. Before proceeding to the whiteboard animation software download you intend to use for your explainer video production I recommend you to really check various explainer video software reviews and compare because not all sketch video software is created equal. If it were, you probably wouldn’t be doing all your searches for Moviesoup basic tutorial and be reading this. Moviesoup basic tutorial is certainly a great whiteboard video software but it is up to you to check which features are important to you. Animated videos for business certainly have other requirements to the producer than a personal 3d doodle pen video.
6 Whiteboard Animation Questions Answered
There is almost no such thing as an easy animation software when you're serious about the subject. Animation is an extremely complex area with an often mind-boggling array of terminology and any animation package worth its weight will almost certainly require a steep learn curve. Whatever package you choose, be it 2D or 3D, do ensure it comes with plenty of tutorials, tips and advice.
This brief line-up, in no particular order of preference, is aimed at the hobbyist, enthusiast and those new to the field. Hopefully there should be something to suit all tastes and pockets. The compilation is not exhaustive, excluding some of the more expensive heavyweights such as Maya, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max; but many of the products listed are free or moderately priced, have good reputations, and are all designed to inspire creativity.
- ANIME STUDIO PRO (2D) create cartoons, anmie and cut-out animations with ease. Add skeletons with the click of a mouse. Import photoshop files with layers intact and build characters from scratch with character wizard. Anmie Studio has excellent lip syncing capabilities, generous multi-sound formats along with full support for YouTube.
- Other popular animation programs with strong YouTube support include, GO ANIMATE (2D), XTRA-NORMAL (3D) and MUVIZU(3D). All three programs allow you to create animations without the need for expensive equipment or specialist training and Muvizu, which is free, provides high-quality sets complete with complex character animation and the facility to collaborate on productions.
- MOVIESTORM, an innovative 3D software program is aimed at amateur film makers wishing to making high quality animated movies and provides the perfect tool with which to learn about film and TV production. Other 3D software packages also popular with artists and filmmakers are DAZ STUDIO (3D) and ICLONE 5 (3D). Iclone 5 is a real-time 3D animation tool with digital actors, visual effects and Microsoft Kinect-ready motion capture whilst Daz Studio, allows you to create stunning digital artwork and animations and is currently free.
- For good lighting and camera effects try SYNFIG (2D). The ambition of Synfig developers was to create an animation software capable of producing film quality output. Synfig is an open source vector based animation program and is free.
- Now if you can, checkout the cartoon strip "Big Buck Bunny" and the film short "Elephants Dream" to see why BLENDER (3D) is a legend in the world of 3D animation software. Software to rival the big boys, available free with a huge fan-base and plenty of tutorials and support.
- For the more adventurous amongst you CRAZYTALK (2D/3D) is a photo to animation engine where you can turn photos, sketches, statues, anything into animatable characters. Media can be inserted directly into the scene and the program supports a variety of formats. Similarly Morpheus (2D/3D) animation software will transform your photos into other things such as cartoons or animals. Blend, mix and exaggerate body parts. Watch a person turn into someone - or something else.
- Remember king Kong and the empire state building? Well if you're into STOP-MOTION photography then IstopMotion (3D) for Macintosh is worth considering. With IstopMotion you can work with your Mac's built in camera or import photos to build your animations. You can even turn your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a High Definition camera...
- One free 2D animation package with drawing tools similar to Photoshop is PENCIL. Pencil allows for both vector and bitmap graphics and has proved an excellent introductory animation tool. With pencil you can create traditional hand drawn animations on most computer platforms including Mac OS.
- Another 2D substitute for the traditional light table/and paper animation is PLASTIC ANIMATION PAPER (PAP) 4 which is currently free for download. Also currently free for download (but without technical support) is CREATOON 3 (2D) which utilizes the cut-out animation process.
- Lastly a fine example of a solid 2D animation program, renowned for its depth and the quality of technical support is TOON BOOM STUDIO. An excellent application made for animators, by animators.
3D Animation Industry - What Are The Latest Trends And Technology In The Animation Industry?
Gone are those days when early cartoonists and animators tried to make motion pictures with hand-drawn sketches and graphics. The great Walt Disney used to hand-draw most of his early works. His work is a pinnacle and an inspiration for modern animators and graphic designers all over the world.
Contemporary animated movies are a zenith in the modern day film industry. Such a top-notch display of graphics, animation and CGI has never been experienced by viewers before.
Technological developments in the field of IT and Design, have enabled a plethora of possibilities for modern-day animators. It has become much easier for graphic and animation artists to be ambitious in their endeavors because the technology of our time is supremely permissive, with new and radical advancements happening every day.
Animation has come a long and arduous way from its early days, with modern day animated creations being so thoroughly realistic, you could reach out and touch them.
The advent of computers and cutting-edge computer applications, over the years, have been revolutionary and they should be credited for the success of the current animation industry.
This technology, largely unavailable, a decade or so ago, would have rendered the film useless and most likely shelved. The untimely death of the lead actor would have caused all filming to be canceled. In extreme cases, where millions would have been spent and canceling would not be an option, the studio would likely spend millions more in re-shooting with a new cast, in the hope of salvaging the movie.
The day is not far when movie-making will be a much cheaper proposition, as it will get much easier to replace actors with their digital likeness. Imagine being able to digitally resurrect an actor, who's been long dead or not available for a particular shoot, due to a scheduling conflict.
Animation sciences will continue to evolve and grow in a magnitude that may surpass the current scenario. Human ingenuity is limitless. As long as we have dreamers, there will be a constant flow of advanced technologies, taking animation to a new high.
Steps to Get Your Cartoon Produced
Whiteboard Videos are being widely used for fulfilling different communication purposes. Research shows that Whiteboard Videos dramatically improve learning. They engage, educate and entertain- all at once. How?
Before we find that out, let us first understand how people try to grasp a complex concept when learning it for the first time and what tools best assist in making the learning process, effective.
Mental tendency when learning a Complex Concept
Most new concepts are extensions or variations of existing concepts. When learning a complex concept for the first time, we tend to create mental associations of it with the concepts that we have known since long. This tendency of co-relating existing concepts with the one being learned, helps us absorb and consolidate the new information into our memories, in a faster and better way.
Tools that best assist in explaining a Complex Concept
In a nutshell, you could serve the viewers with the closest and most appropriate visualization that could help them understand your concept faster and better.
In a way, a Whiteboard Video recreates the classroom setup. The voiceover acts as a replacement to the session-moderator and the animation part appears as a series of diagrams quickly being drawn (as though in real-time), right in front of the viewers' eyes. This simulates a 'learning environment' that engages, educates and entertains the viewers, making their video-watching experience memorable! Isn't that's what you have been looking for? An environment that makes your TG willingly learn about your concept and how it could be benefitted from.
Pull off an awesome Whiteboard Video and Educate, Engage, Inform, Inspire, Entertain or fulfill any other communication purpose of yours with a much higher chances of being heard & remembered! For, Whiteboard Videos are sure to get you recognition!
Why Businesses Need Whiteboard Animation
Have you ever wanted to make your own cartoon but didn't know how to go about doing it? First of all showing someone your drawings and telling them about your cartoon ideas will not get you a deal. I've seen this many times and no one who practices that has ever got any kind of deal. You have to have something that is presentable and relays to it's audience why they should promote your cartoon. If you have a cartoon that you want to submit to a producer so that it can get aired publicly, then here is what you need to do.
The first step is of coarse to draw your characters. The second thing you need to do is to write the script. This is what will bring your characters to life and can make or break the deal when showing off your cartoon to producers. Once you have all this ready, the next thing you absolutely need to do is to animate your first episode. This is where a lot of people get discouraged needlessly. With the right software it is easier than you might think.
You are only limited by the type of program you use to get the job done. You are not alone in wanting something that is user friendly. There are quite a few different programs out there, the problem is most of these require for you to have a degree in order to even understand the terminology they use. They are not user friendly and don't allow you to focus on your artistic ability. If you go for one of the programs like Animation Master and Maya 3D you will spent more time reading and asking questions in forums, than actually cartooning. You want to use something that is easy and will give you the ability to spend more time focusing on writing new material and creating new characters.
Don't get caught up trying to make every detail perfect either, if they decide they like it they have entire crews of people for that. Remember that what you want to do is create a product that you can present to an agent in the cartoon industry who can get you a contract. Also, be sure to copyright your work so that you are protected and don't go giving out copies to everyone out there who says they can get your cartoon on the big screen. Get the phone numbers and addresses of reputable companies like Dreamworks or Pixar and ask them what are the steps required by them for you to submit your cartoon for consideration.